During this time of year, with a bit more free time, I have the opportunity to sit down and write/share images that will hopefully educate those I work with on getting the most of their wedding photography experience.
When thinking about the photography portion of the day, it is very easy to come up with beautiful locations for portraits. However, planning out where you get ready and the quality of light that fills the space is just as important. The getting ready portion of the day is filled with many beautiful, candid moments and memories with friends and family, so why not be just as thoughtful when planning where they are photographed?
Today, I want to share some easy tips on making the most of your wedding day morning:
1. (The most important) Get ready in natural light. This makes a huge difference in the quality of your photos
2. Have all your details set aside before the photographer arrives (Dress, jewelry, shoes, bouquet, garter, veil, etc)
3. Clear the space of clutter
4. Allow for extra time. It is always better to be early than feel rushed!
5. Soak up every minute! The day goes by so quickly, remember to relax and enjoy such a joyful celebration!